Hi, welcome to Precooked Sociology!
We provide short, snappy and happy sociology videos for A-Level students and teachers. Remote Learning made easy!
Our goal is simple: make teaching and learning easier, more effective and enjoyable.
We aim to provide core knowledge for Year 1 and Year 2 A Level Sociology. We want to encourage long-term retention for students studying any exam board in the UK.
Each video have some or all of the following features:
- Introduction: a 20 second summary
- Concept time! a brief, yet more in-depth examination of one single concept.
- Methods in Context: a focus on one element of the ‘Methods’ part of specifications.
- Key study: outline of a well-known study in a niche area.
- Evaluation: excellent breakdown of both the strengths, limitations and criticisms of an area of sociology and/or theory.
- Summary: a brief summary of the content.
- Quiz: an opportunity for students to test their understanding of the covered content. The quiz is below the video player.
- Cornell Notes Worksheet: downloadable resource for students to take notes and ask questions of material whilst they watch a video.
- Video Topic Worksheet: also a downloadable worksheet, where students complete guided questions linked to material in the video. This is a great resource which students can bring to your lesson for further discussion.